"Chancery, and adjoining outbuildings, now a house. C13, C14, late C15, C16, late C17.
Altered early C18 and late C19.
Rear range has substantial remains of buildings erected in the time of Chancellor Antony Bek, 1321-1329.
Street range and parlour wing probably built by Chancellor Geoffrey Simeon, 1485-1506, incorporating the arms of Bishop John Russell, 1480-94"
"This building is important as a surviving example of early C14 and late C15 domestic building, and because of its early use of a brick front.
In addition to being the official residence of high ranking clergy, it was leased c1381-1397 by Katharine Swinford"
Currently being used as the Deanery.
DB 27 September 2018