"Sleaford Playhouse is a Grade II listed Georgian building dating from 1820.
Prior to it being restored and re-opened as a theatre in 2000 it had been used as a benefits office and library.
The Grade II listed Playhouse started life as a theatre and was built for a local printer and actor Joseph Smedley.
In 1841 the theatre was sold to John Hyde and was later taken over by Jane Hill and William Pidd-Fischer in 1853.
In 1855, despite attempts to re-open it as a theatre, the building was sold to Thomas Parry who in turn sold the building to the Church of England.
Through a variety of donations and grants it was converted into the town's first infant school by local builders Parry and William Kirk, at a cost of £1,085"
"Former Playhouse. Early C19"
DB 20 June 2018