This elegant five-sailed windmill (TF 457766), Hoyle's Mill, was
built by Sam Oxley, an Alford millwright, in 1837 with later gearing and
ironwork supplied by Tuxford of Boston.
With supplementary diesel engine power it worked until 1955.
The mill, fully restored in 2000, is now owned by Lincolnshire County Council and is once more operated commercially.
It is open to the public.
Frank Robinson, 2010