Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Ashby de la Launde
 
Ashby de la Launde, Hall
Ashby de la Launde, Hall
Ashby de la Launde, Hall

This hall was built in 1595 for the King family and recased in the 19th century.

It was tenanted as a house in the nineteenth century but also used for a period as a girls’ school.

After wartime occupation by the army and a period of dereliction, it opened as a country club in 1961 (as shown in this photograph.)

More details about this house and its owners can be found in T R Leach's book, 'Lincolnshire Country Houses and their Families: Part 1', published by SLHA.  Buy a copy.

Ashby De La Launde, King family
Ashby de la Launde, Pump
Ashby de la Launde, Pump
Ashby de la Launde, Pump

This fine cast-iron pump in the centre of the village carries the following inscription:

Erected by N H Reeve in Commemoration of Queen Victoria's Jubilee, June 1887.

The Reeves of Leadenham Hall owned much of the land in Ashby parish.

Hilary Healey, c1965

Ashby De La Launde, water, pump, Reeve, Leadenham Hall,
Ashby de la Launde, St Hibald
Ashby de la Launde, St Hibald
Ashby de la Launde, St Hibald

The older elements of St Hibald's church, including tower and spire, are from the Early English period.

The nave and chancel were restored by William Huddleston in 1854.

June 2013

Ashby De La Launde, St Hibald church, William Huddleston
Ashby de la Launde, Water Tower
Ashby de la Launde, Water Tower
Ashby de la Launde, Water Tower

A reinforced concrete structure close to the road in the village centre (TF 054550).

The tower provides a useful support for local broadband transmission.

June 2013

Ashby De La Launde, water tower