The Primitive Methodist Chapel, Main Street, Bishop Norton, built in 1875, became disused in the 1980s¹ .
It is believed there was an earlier chapel on the same site, probably from the early to mid 19th century.
The iron-work railings have survived along with the foundation stones and date stone.
Pearl Wheatley, 2011
1. Kingsley, L W, Bishop Norton Methodist Chapel Centenary, 1875-1975, 1975