Brocklesby, Railway Station
Built about 1848 for the MS and L Railway Company, this Brocklesby Station was conveniently close to Brocklesby Hall, the seat of the Earl of Yarborough who was then the company chairman.
In April 1849 Prince Albert arrived here by royal train to be the guest of the Earl before continuing to Grimsby next day, with great ceremony, to lay the foundation stone of the new dock.
The station closed in the 1990s. Photo taken from road bridge over the railway.Frank Robinson, 2010
Brocklesby, railway, MS&L, Yarborough,