Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Brothertoft
 
Brothertoft, Old School
Brothertoft, Old School
Brothertoft, Old School

The first school at Brothertoft was built by Thomas Gee of Brothertoft Hall in 1856 and Elizabeth Arlam was the first school mistress.

This school, known as Hedgehog Bridge School, opened in 1881 and closed in December 1969. It is now in use as the Village Hall.

OR, are we mistaken, and is this actually Barley Sheaf School, which opened 1882 and closed 1969?

July 2017

Brothertoft,
Brothertoft, Old School
Brothertoft, Old School
Brothertoft, Old School

Another view of the former primary school one mile south-east of Langrick Bridge on the B1192.

July 2017

Brothertoft, old school