Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Brumby
 
Brumby, St Hugh
Brumby, St Hugh
Brumby, St Hugh

The church of St Hugh in Brumby was completed in 1939 to the design of Lawrence Bond.

Consisting of concrete and brick, its detail was described by Pevsner as ‘playful’ though he was less keen on the four-pillared portico.

Mark Acton, April 2015

Brumby, St Hugh church, Lawrence Bond
Brumby, St Hugh
Brumby, St Hugh
Brumby, St Hugh

The portico of the church has four are plain untapered concrete pillars with square cross-section.

April 2015

Brumby, St Hugh church, portico
Brumby, St Hugh
Brumby, St Hugh
Brumby, St Hugh

The gambrel shape of the roof is apparent in this view of St Hugh's from the south-east.

April 2015 

Brumby, St Hugh church, gambrel
Brumby, St Hugh
Brumby, St Hugh
Brumby, St Hugh

The top section of the bell tower midway along the south side of the church has a tapered shape, similar in line to the roof.

April 2015

Brumby, St Hugh church