Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Burton Pedwardine
 
Burton Pedwardine, St Andrew
Burton Pedwardine, St Andrew
Burton Pedwardine, St Andrew

The north transept of the church has a three-light window with geometrical tracery in the form of trefoiled circles.  This is considered to be from the medieval church which predates the present Victorian work of Kirk (1870-71).

September 2013

Burton Pedwardine, St Andrew church, Geometircal tracery
Burton Pedwardine, St Andrew
Burton Pedwardine, St Andrew
Burton Pedwardine, St Andrew

The church of St Andrew was built by Charles Kirk of Sleaford in 1870-71, though some of the north transept was retained.

It has a small but ornate bellcote.

Inside are some fragments of notable Anglo-Saxon sculpture in the form of interlace patterns.

September 2013

Burton Pedwardine, St Andrew church, Anglo saxon interlace, Charles Kirk
Burton Pedwardine, Old School
Burton Pedwardine, Old School
Burton Pedwardine, Old School

This was built in 1860 as a National School by Henry Edwardes Handley (1835-92) of the Culverthorpe family.

It closed in October 1969 with children transferring to the primary school in Helpringham.

September 2013

Burton Pedwardine, Henry Edwardes Handley, Culverthorpe