In "Brief Details of Chapels in the Grantham Circuit" Revised August 1998 Colin Sheperdson and Allen Griffin state :-
"A barn was used for preaching services from 1799 until another barn was purchased in 1815 and fitted up as a chapel.
This barn was sold in 1835 following the opening of a new chapel.
A "more eligible site" had been rented in Back Lane and the stonelaying of the new chapel occurred on the 22.6.1835 and the opening on the 6.11.1835.
The rented chapel site together with an adjacent site, suitable for a Sunday school, were purchased in 1905.
The foundation stone for the Sunday school, designed by Bell, Withers & Meredith of London, was laid on the 11.6.1908 and the building opened on the 27.8.1908.
The chapel was remodelled and extended at the same time and re-opened on the 9.10.1908.
The present organ was installed in 1927.
An additional room was added in 1994 and the chapel is still in use with a membership of 18"
DB 1 April 2019