Undated "Valentines Series" postcard.
Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1885 states :-
"EASTON is a township, on the east of the Great North road - Easton Hall, the beautiful seat of Sir Hugh Arthur Henry Cholmeley bart. D.L., J.P. is a noble mansion of stone, in the Elizabethan style, almost wholly rebuilt since 1805, and situated in the midst of a well-wooded park, through which the river Witham runs.
The magnificent entrance hall contains an extensive display of mediaeval armour and weapons"