The village of Firsby was rather small to have such a large and imposing station as this to serve it.
Opened in 1848 it became the junction station for trains to Spilsby in 1868 and Skegness, the first section of which opened to Wainfleet in 1871.
Closed with the line in 1970, the photograph shows the almost complete remains of its overall roof which it retained to the end.
Trains to Skegness now bypass the site to the south and little remains today of this once impressive collection of buildings.
Peter Grey Archive, 1969