"In 1956, work started on a new outfall for the Hobhole drain, to the south-east of the old sluices.
A pumping station containing three Allen diesel engines was built, each driving a 88-inch (220 cm) pump.
The station could discharge 800 tons per minute (1175 Mld) when all three pumps were running.
Once the station was complete, the old sluice was blocked off ...
The Hobhole pumping station was modified in 1988, when the old sluice channel was reopened and the sluices were fitted with four 33-inch (84 cm) submersible electric pumps, manufactured by Flygt"
DB 6 March 2020