Hareby, St Peter & St Paul
Pevsner describes the building as a construction of 1858 with upper parts of brick on a greenstone base. This applies to the chancel but is only an approximation as far as the nave is concerned.
Large blocks of rubble greenstone are interspersed throughout the higher areas of brick in both west and south walls of the nave. Victorian bricks are arranged in English bond on the gabled west wall but smaller Georgian bricks are laid in irregular fashion to complete the south wall.
It is therefore suggested that the church was rebuilt in the 1850s using some materials from an earlier church: greenstone (for the base or plinth and at random positions elsewhere) and eighteenth century bricks (south wall).
Hareby, St Peter & St Paul church