Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"The church of St. John the Baptist, rebuilt in 1872, at a cost of £1,200, raised by subscription, is an edifice of local sandstone with oolite dressings, in the Early English style, from designs by the late Mr. Ewan Christian, architect, and consists of a chancel, nave, south porch, vestry and a low tower with octagonal belfry at the south-west angle, containing one bell:
there are several stained windows, one of which is a memorial to the wife of the Rev. T. S. Hughes, incumbent here 1889-93:
the reredos of carved stone and marble was erected as a memorial to Thomas Terrett Taylor esq. by his sister, the wife of the Rev. T. S.Hughes:
there are 100 sittings.
DB 9 November 2018