"The Church of St Peter retains an 11th century west tower and a Norman font.
It appears to have had a number of rebuilding stages and was partly rebuilt in brick in 1850.
A fragment of stone cross dating to c.850-900 has been found embedded in the tower arch.
Excavations in 1973 and 1975 showed the remains of an earlier, rectangular, late Saxon church underlying the current structure"
Peter Kirk Collection, 17 July 2002