Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Howell
 
Howell, St Oswald
Howell, St Oswald
Howell, St Oswald

A small church for a tiny village. St Oswald's has a Norman south doorway, Transitional nave arcade and Decorated chancel. The double bellcote is Early English.

The church is yet to be electrified. A sign to the neighbouring property warns of 'loose dogs'.

Mark Acton, 2017

Howell, St Oswald
Howell, St Oswald, interior
Howell, St Oswald, interior
Howell, St Oswald, interior

The north arcade dates from around 1200. There are seats around the pier bases.

Mark Acton, 2017

Howell, St Oswald
Howell, St Oswald, monument
Howell, St Oswald, monument
Howell, St Oswald, monument

The north chapel. A fourteenth-century monument slab with images of a lady and a child praying.

Mark Acton, 2017

Howell, St Oswald, monument
Howell, St Oswald, monument
Howell, St Oswald, monument
Howell, St Oswald, monument

In the north chapel, a monument to Sir Charles Dymoke, died 1602, and his wife.

Mark Acton, 2017

Howell, St Oswald, Charles Dymoke