Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Huttoft
 
Huttoft, Methodist Chapel
Huttoft, Methodist Chapel
Huttoft, Methodist Chapel

The Wesleyan Methodists built this chapel on Sutton Road in 1857. A Sunday school was added in matching style a few years later (to the left in the photo).

In the recent past the building has suffered structural problems and it is no longer in use. The local Methodist community now hold services in the village hall.

September 2018

Huttoft, Methodist Church
Huttoft, Primary School
Huttoft, Primary School
Huttoft, Primary School

The school was built as a National School in 1840 and enlarged in 1874. It was known as Huttoft CE School by 1914.

The school was transferred to Lindsey County Council as Huttoft Council School c.1922, and became Huttoft County Primary School in 1947.

More recently it became a Grant Maintained School, known as Huttoft Primary (GM) School, and has been known by its present name since September 1999.

September 2018

Huttoft, Primary School
Huttoft, St Margaret
Huttoft, St Margaret
Huttoft, St Margaret

The subject of Sir John Betjeman’s poem ‘A Lincolnshire Church’, St Margaret’s, Huttoft, is a greenstone building with thirteenth-century tower and chancel arch, a Decorated arcade and Perpendicular aisles.

The chancel is eighteenth-century though its windows are Victorian.

Betjeman was surprised to find the church open to visitors – no such luck today.

Mark Acton, August 2013

Huttoft, St Margaret church, Betjeman
Huttoft, Willson's Mill (1)
Huttoft, Willson's Mill (1)
Huttoft, Willson's Mill (1)

This mill was built in 1844 with five storeys and four sails.

Jon Sass Collection, undated photograph

Huttoft, Willson's Mill, windmill, Jon Sass
Huttoft, Willson's Mill (2)
Huttoft, Willson's Mill (2)
Huttoft, Willson's Mill (2)

The mill was severly damaged in a gale in 1945 and afterwards, for several years, an engine was employed.

Location of mill: TF 514 767

Peter Kirk Collection, 2002

Huttoft, windmill, Peter Kirk