Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Ingham
 
Ingham, All Saints
Ingham, All Saints
Ingham, All Saints

Replacing a larger medieval building on the same site, All Saints, Ingham, dates from 1792 but fell prey to Victorian Gothicising in 1896.

To Henry Thorold¹ it was 'devout and devotional, and soaked in prayer'.

¹ Thorold, Henry, 1993. Lincolnshire Churches Revisited. Michael Russell

Mark Acton, 2009

Ingham, All Saints church,
Ingham, Free Methodist Chapel
Ingham, Free Methodist Chapel
Ingham, Free Methodist Chapel

The former Free United Methodist Chapel was built in 1854 and remained in use until the 1950s. It is now a house with changed fenestration.

Pearl Wheatley, 2011

Ingham, Frewe Methodist Chapel
Ingham, Primary School
Ingham, Primary School
Ingham, Primary School

The village primary school on the Green was opened in 1878.

Extensions in the 1980s provided a hall for both school and community use.

drawing by Tom Brooker, 1969

Ingham, primary school
Ingham, Primitive Methodist Chapel
Ingham, Primitive Methodist Chapel
Ingham, Primitive Methodist Chapel

The Primitive Methodist Chapel on The Green is now Chapel House. It was built 1838 and converted to a house in the 1960s.

Pearl Wheatley, 2011


Ingham, Primitive Methodist Chapel
Ingham, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Ingham, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Ingham, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel

This is possibly the Sunday School of the former Wesleyan Chapel, built 1836. It is now a community hall.

Pearl Wheatley, 2011


Ingham, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel