The medieval house on this site was occupied by Katherine Swynford.
The eighteenth century house shown in this drawing, dated 1793, by Nattes for Sir Joseph Banks was demolished in the mid-1800s.
The present house was built for Weston Cracroft Amcotts of Hackthorn in the 1860s.
More details about this house and its owners can be found in T R Leach and R Pacey's book, 'Lost Lincolnshire Country Houses: Volume 2', published by SLHA. Buy a copy.