Built in 1960, St Hugh’s is largely a reconstruction of the chapel of Walmsgate Hall - now demolished.
This had been built in 1901, possibly by Henry Wilson*, as a memorial to a son of the family. Haynes and Johnson of Brigg were responsible for the reconstruction at Langworth.
Langworth interior has many beautiful art-nouveau furnishings brought from Walmsgate.
* Henry Wilson (1864-1934) was a British architect and designer, especially associated with the Arts and Crafts movement.