Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Leverton
 
Leverton Outgate, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Leverton Outgate, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Leverton Outgate, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel

A chapel which was used by the Wesleyan Methodists from March 1867 until January 1992.

The Sunday schoolroom was added in 1900.

After sale in 1995 the building was converted into a house.

It is located at NGR TF 420 481.

Barry Barton, 1978

Leverton, Outgate, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Leverton with Benington, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Leverton with Benington, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Leverton with Benington, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel

Situated on the east side of the A52 between the two villages, this chapel was built in 1858.

The last service was held in July 1981 and the building was sold in 1985 and subsequently demolished. The site is now part of a field.

It is located at NGR TF 397 472 in Leverton parish.

Barry Barton, 1978

Leverton, with Benington, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Leverton, St Helen
Leverton, St Helen
Leverton, St Helen

St Helen in Leverton, is outstanding even for a marshland church. Typically Perpendicular externally, however the nave arcades are Decorated.

The finest part of the building architecturally is the chancel with its chantry chapel and vaulted sedilia.

The external chancel carvings are magnificent.

Mark Acton, 2011

Leverton, St Helen church, sedilia,