Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Lincoln Commercial
 
Barclay's Bank
Barclay's Bank
Barclay's Bank

The demolition of this attractive building at the corner of Cornmarket and High Street in 1969 was controversial.

Its replacement is arguably a much less distinguished building.

Commercial, Barclay's Bank
Corn Exchange
Corn Exchange
Corn Exchange

The foundation stone for this building was laid on 1 September by the Mayor of Lincoln, Richard Carline.

It served for many years as a corn exchange and, following an extension to the east, became a shopping arcade from the 1880s.

It was extensively renovated in 1957.

Commercial, Corn exchange, Richard Carline
Green Dragon
Green Dragon
Green Dragon

Standing at the corner of Broadgate and Waterside North, this timber-framed inn was restored in the 1957.

Commercial, Green Dragon
Thorngate House
Thorngate House
Thorngate House

This commercial office block was built in St Swithin's Square in 1966.

It was considered smart and fashionable at the time of its construction.

Commercial, Thorngate House