When built in 1817 this mill had four sails but after remodelling later in the century it was fitted with six sails.
Jon Sass Collection, photograph 1935
Milling ceased here in the 1930s and the sails and cap were removed in 1973.
It is a Grade II Listed building.
Location of mill: TF 440 221
Peter Kirk Collection, 1999
The former courthouse in Swap Coat Lane near the centre of the village is now the Registration Office.
undated postcard in the British Countryside series
This seven-floored mill with six sails was built in 1843.
Jon Sass Collection, photograph 1919
The sails were removed from the mill in 1925 and for a while it continued milling with an oil engine.
It is Grade II listed.
Location of mill: TF 438 229
The church of St Mary in Long Sutton has one of the earliest lead spires in the country.
Originally the tower in the early 13th century was detached from the nave. Inside there is much work of the Norman period.
Ken Redmore, 2010