Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Maltby le Marsh
 
Maltby le Marsh, All Saints
Maltby le Marsh, All Saints
Maltby le Marsh, All Saints

Built of greenstone, in common with most churches in this area.

The nave is the earliest element of the church (early fourteenth century). The tower was built a century later and heavily restored in 1700.

The rather 'mean' looking chancel was originally longer.

Peter Kirk Collection, 1997

Maltby le Marsh, All Saints church
Maltby le Marsh, Windmill (1)
Maltby le Marsh, Windmill (1)
Maltby le Marsh, Windmill (1)

John Saunderson, millwright of Louth, built this mill in 1841. It had three pairs of stones.

The cap was blown off in 1864 and again in 1881.

Jon Sass Collection, photograph c.1935

Maltby le Marsh, windmill, Jon Sass, Saunderson
Maltby le Marsh, Windmill (2)
Maltby le Marsh, Windmill (2)
Maltby le Marsh, Windmill (2)

The windmill at Maltby le Marsh worked by wind until 1952.

Location of mill: TF 470 820

Peter Kirk Collection, 1997

Maltby le Marsh, windmill, Peter Kirk