Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"The church of St. Margaret is an edifice of stone in various styles, consisting of chancel, with organ-chamber on the north serving also as a vestry, nave, south porch, aisles and an embattled western tower of Saxon date, restored in 1908, at a cost of about £380, and containing 3 bells:
in 1868 the church was thoroughly restored, at a cost of about £500, when the north chancel arch, which had been bricked up, was opened, the western gallery removed, the church reseated, and the principal fittings, including pulpit and prayer desk, renewed:
the bells were also rehung, and a new ringing floor laid:
the church will seat 250 persons"
DB 24 June 2020