Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Messingham
 
Messingham, Holy Trinity
Messingham, Holy Trinity
Messingham, Holy Trinity

Other than the tower, rebuilt in 1784, the exterior is the work of Edward Willson from 1817-18 and paid for by the then Rector, Henry Bayley, known as the 'Robber Archdeacon' who 'acquired' stained glass and furnishings for Messingham from other churches under his control.

Inside is an Early English north arcade.

Mark Acton, 2017

Messingham, Holy Trinity, Henry Bayley, Edward Willson
Messingham, Holy Trinity, window
Messingham, Holy Trinity, window
Messingham, Holy Trinity, window

The east window contains stained glass from the 14th to 16th centuries, 'acquired' by Archdeacon Bayley from churches in Lincolnshire, Malvern and Manchester.

Mark Acton, 2017

Messingham, Holy Trinity, Archdeacon Bayley