Sir William Ellys built a house here in the late seventeenth century; it was E-shaped with large projecting wings and turrets.
Frederick Robinson, first Earl of Ripon, and one time Prime Minister, was the owner of Nocton Hall when it was destroyed by fire in 1834.
Photograph taken in 1978
More details about this house and its owners can be found in T R Leach's book, 'Lincolnshire Country Houses and their Families: Part 2', published by SLHA. Buy a copy.