North Cotes, RAF North Cotes, Radar Building
Twelve-sided structure housing the radar head of the Type 82 "Orange Yeoman” tactical control radar for use in conjunction with the Bloodhound guided-missile system.
RAF North Coates opened in 1918 and, after an illustrious career as a flying station, became a Bloodhound base in 1958.
This photograph was taken during a visit by SLHA members to record its demolition in 2002.
Chris Lester, 2002
North Coates, RAF North Coates, radar, bloodhound,