North Kelsey is a village of some 900 people 4 miles west of Caistor.
It has an Anglican church and a Methodist chapel.
Its railway station, out at North Kelsey Moor, closed in 1965.
The first Wesleyan Methodist chapel in North Kelsey was built in 1796, the second in 1848.
This in turn was replaced by the present building in Chapel Street in 1897.
North Kelsey Methodist chapel has a small pipe organ with attractively decorated pipes.
The short tower built of friable ironstone has pairs of thirteenth century bell-openings.
Much of the church of St Nicholas was rebuilt in 1869 by William White.
This coffin lid with its foliated cross, which lies in the chancel of the church, probably dates from the mid thirteenth century.
A board recording the legacy of Anna Tesh of Caistor, a sum of £200 in 1834.
This Norman slab with closely set horizontal zig-zag is in the south wall of the nave.
It is possibly a grave slab.
The north arcade has piers constructed in pink marble.
They date from the 1869 reconstruction.