Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
North Ormsby
 
North Ormsby, medieval village
North Ormsby, medieval village
North Ormsby, medieval village

The earthworks of the medieval village extend for 500m on the south side of a shallow valley, between the present village to the east and the site of a medieval priory to the west.

Seen here are some of the rectangular enclosures between the stream and a hollow way.

Frank Robinson, December 2014

North Ormsby, deserted medieval village
North Ormsby, medieval village
North Ormsby, medieval village
North Ormsby, medieval village

Earthworks and trackways near the site of the medieval priory of North Ormsby.

Frank Robinson, December 2014

North Ormsby, deserted medieval village
North Ormsby, St Helen
North Ormsby, St Helen
North Ormsby, St Helen

The church of St Helen was built in 1848 by S S Teulon in Early English style.

Made redundant in 1981, the church is now a private house.

In the nearby valley can be seen earthworks of the medieval village and the site of a former Gilbertine priory.

September 2012

North Ormsby, St Helen, S S Teulon, Gilbertine priory