Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
North Owersby
 
North Owersby, St Martin
North Owersby, St Martin
North Owersby, St Martin

St Martinís was rebuilt in 1762 by J Warmer of Caistor.

Built of ironstone, it consists of a nave with apse and a narrow west tower.  The traceried windows date from 1888.

The interior has white painted walls and is simply furnished.

May 2012

North Owersby, St Martin, J Warmer, ironstone
North Owersby, St Martin
North Owersby, St Martin
North Owersby, St Martin

The prominent semicircular apse of St Martinís was created by J Warmer of Caistor in the rebuilding of 1762.

May 2012

North Owersby, St Martin apse. J Warmer
North Owersby, Primitive Methodist Chapel
North Owersby, Primitive Methodist Chapel
North Owersby, Primitive Methodist Chapel

This former Methodist Chapel (presumably for the Primitives) was rebuilt in 1856 in place of one 1837. It had originally had three bays; later it was used as the village post office.

Pearl Wheatley, 2012

North Owersby, Primitive Methodist Chapel
North Owersby, United Methodist Chapel
North Owersby, United Methodist Chapel
North Owersby, United Methodist Chapel

The former United Methodist Chapel in North Owersby was built 1881 and fell from use 1936.

Pearl Wheatley, 2012

North Owersby, United Methodist Chapel
North Owersby, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
North Owersby, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
North Owersby, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel

The Wesleyan Methodist Chapel in Thornton Road was built in 1908 superseding one of 1856.It is now a domestic property.

Pearl Wheatley, 2012

North Owersby, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel