The Turnor family of Stoke Rockford built this house in the northern part of their Lincolnshire estate in 1775.
On the site of an earlier mansion, it was designed by John Carr of York.
Panton was sold by the Turnors in 1917 and was then occupied by a Franciscan college.
The house was demolished in the 1960s but the fine stables of the 1770s remain.
More details about this house and its owners can be found in T R Leach and R Pacey's book, 'Lost Lincolnshire Country Houses: Volume 2', published by SLHA. Buy a copy.