Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Ranby
 
Ranby Hall
Ranby Hall
Ranby Hall

This mansion was built for the Otter family of Clayworth, Notts, in 1868.

In 1905 it was occupied by Lt Col Rowley Richard Conway Hill and in 1919 by Lord Charles Cavendish Bentinck.

The Revd John B Haggar resided here in 1933.

Hugh D Martineau, c.1980

Ranby Hall, Otter, Rowley Richard Conway Hill, Lord Charles Cavendish Bentinck, Rev John B Haggar
Ranby Hall
Ranby Hall
Ranby Hall

View of the Hall from the south-west across the lake.

T R Leach Collection, 1969

Ranby, Hall
Ranby Hall
Ranby Hall
Ranby Hall

Ranby Hall was built in the Victorian period (1868) but in late Georgian style with pedimented front and porte-cochere.

T R Leach Collection, 1969

Ranby, Hall
Ranby, Ranby Hall, Stables
Ranby, Ranby Hall, Stables
Ranby, Ranby Hall, Stables

The stable block - still in use - built in the same pleasing yellow-buff brick as the Hall.

The small pigeoncote or dovecote is an added feature of interest.

Pearl Wheatley, 2013

Ranby, Hall Stables, dovecote, pigeoncote
Ranby, St German
Ranby, St German
Ranby, St German

St Germanís consists of west tower, nave and chancel and was rebuilt by James Fowler in 1860 in Decorated style.

The tower arch, though, reuses part of the Norman chancel arch and the font dates from the 15th century.

The church stands alone, high in the Wolds, with fine views over the Bain valley.

July 2012

Ranby, St German, James Fowler
Ranby, St German
Ranby, St German
Ranby, St German

St Germanís consists of west tower, nave and chancel and was rebuilt by James Fowler in 1860 in Decorated style.

The tower arch, though, reuses part of the Norman chancel arch and the font dates from the 15th century.

The church stands alone, high in the Wolds, with fine views over the Bain valley.

July 2012

Ranby, St German