Rothwell, St Mary Magdalene
The Church of St Mary Magdalene in Rothwell lies close to a village in the heart of the Wolds.
St Mary Magdalene has an Anglo-Saxon tower, normal arcades and a chancel which was restored in 1892 by Sedding*.
Mark Acton, 2011
* Pevsner attributes this to John Dando Sedding (1838-91) - maybe one of his last commissions. Alternatively it may have been Edmund Harold Sedding (1863-1921), his nephew.
Rothwell, St Mary Magdalene church, Anglo-Saxon tower, Norman, Sedding