Scampton, St John Baptist
The tower of St John the Baptist Church is 14th century.
Much of the interior dates from 1876/7, though the chancel arch and the N aisle windows (seen here) are 16th century.
RAF Scampton is nearby, and the churchyard contains about 100 military graves. Many are the graves of allied aircrew who died during WW2.
Also here are the graves of several German airmen.
Frank Robinson, 2011
Scampton, St John, Baptist church, RAF Scampton, gravestones,