Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"The church of St. Nicholas, originally Norman, is an ancient building of stone now in the Early English and Decorated styles, standing on the bank of the river, about a mile from the town of Boston, and consists of clerestoried nave of six bays, aisles and a Perpendicular western tower of three stages, with embattled parapet and pinnacles and containing 6 bells :
the two eastern bays now form a quasi-chancel:
the rood-loft doorway remains, and the font, bearing the names of William Clarke and Richard Jenkyn, churchwardens, is dated 1662:
the church, with the exception of the tower, was thoroughly restored in 1874 at a cost of over £3,000; the large west window and the interior of the tower were restored in 1892; the total cost amounted to £311:
the church was again restored in 1908, at a cost of £3,000, and affords 400 sittings"
DB 5 June 2019