"The Electricity Works building was built in 1901, which was quite early for a town the size of Sleaford.
The buildings are now used as a sub-station.
Sleaford Electricity Works were built in 1901 by the Urban District Council on a site at the junction of West Gate and West Banks, and officially declared open on 1st September 1901.
The engine house originally had two boilers supplied by Robey and Co. of Lincoln.
The works remained as a fully working electricity station until nationalisation in 1948.
In recent years it has been reduced to the level of a sub-station, with the electricity board having built a new transformer house at the rear of the original buildings. The main generating hall, several small off-buildings and the offices facing the road still remain.
The generating hall now houses all the large switch gear that control the electricity supply to Sleaford and its surrounding area"
DB 20 June 2018