Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Snelland
 
Snelland, All Saints
Snelland, All Saints
Snelland, All Saints

All Saints Snelland is essentially a small Victorian church, having been restored and rebuilt in 1863 by Edward Browning of Stamford.

There are however, traces of the medieval building, notably the 13th century south doorway and several re-used 14th century windows.

Snelland, All Saints, Edward Browning
Snelland, Blacksmith's Shop
Snelland, Blacksmith's Shop
Snelland, Blacksmith's Shop

Many villages had simple workshops like this for a blacksmith or wheelwright. Good light and wide doors were essential features.

This workshop is close to the former railway station (TF 073 805).

The last blacksmith here was William Thompson.

2008

Snelland, Blacksmith shop, William Thompson