A house built in 1750 and modified in the twentieth century.
Pearl Wheatley, 2011
A late eighteenth-century house.
The Wesleyan Chapel in Chapel Lane was built in 1840 and is now extended and converted into a dwelling.
The original chapel building is the section to the left.
Mentioned in White's Directory 1872 "Wilkinson John, farmer and victualler, Royal Oak"
DB 27 December 2020
A corbel and shaft close to the north side of the chancel arch, showing the variety of material and decoration used by Fowler here.
St Nicholas’s church was rebuilt in 1866 by James Fowler and comprises a western tower, nave and apse built in rock-faced limestone.
The interior of St Nicholas's is red-brick with ashlar and bands of black brick decoration – in typical Fowler style.
Designed by James Fowler of Louth and built in 1859.