South Kyme, Priory Church
South Kyme church lies in an adjacent field to the fourteenth-century tower built by Sir Gilbert de Umfraville.
The church is a fragment of an Augustinian priory founded in the twelfth-century, though heavily restored by Hodgson Fowler in 1890.
A Norman doorway survives in the porch and Anglo-Saxon remains can be found in the north wall at the east end.
Locked but keyholders are listed.
Mark Acton, 2014
South Kyme, priory church, Hodgson Fowler, Gilbert de Umfraville, Augustinian