The fine entrance to Blashfield's terra cotta works on Wharf Road, Stamford, have been retained even though the site behind has been completely redeveloped.
J N Blashfield moved from London to Stamford in 1859 and made ornamental and decorative tiles here.
J C Grant, agricultural implement maker and iron founder, had occupied the site for the previous 15 years.
The terra cotta works closed in 1875.
Ken Redmore, 2010