Stow, St Mary
St Mary's in Stow is among the most impressive and ancient churches in Lincolnshire.
The crossing and transepts are the earliest, and may in part belong to the original Saxon building of about 1070.
Much of the nave and chancel are Norman work of the 12th century, while the tower was rebuilt in the 15th century.
In the foreground of this photo stands the 18th century village whipping post.
Frank Robinson, 2011
Stow, St Mary church, saxon, Norman, whipping post,