St Hugh’s in Sturton-by-Stow was built as a Mission Church to the design of J. L. Pearson in 1879.
Mark Acton, 2014
St Hugh’s in Sturton-by-Stow is a very modest building with windows in 13th century style.
It was designed by J. L. Pearson and built in 1879.
The apse at the east end of Pearson's church is unusually broad.
Bricks are laid in English Bond throughout.
The bellcote over the west gable at St Hugh's is simply constructed in timber with tile and copper cladding.