This small church was built in 1828. The gabled porch has a pointed arch surmounted by a sandstone cross.
Above a roundel, is the bellcote, with louvred sides and a flat top, formerly battlemented.
The bellcote at St Nicholas' church has been recently rebuilt.
St Nicholas is built of red brick - laid in Flemish bond - with painted ashlar dressings.
The windows are in Gothic style throughout, and there is a tiny facetted chancel at the east end.
At the east end, the simple chancel arch has smaller blank arches to each side.
The plastered walls are lined to resemble ashlar.
The First World War memorial.
Mark Acton, 2017