Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Theddlethorpe St Helen
 
Theddlethorpe St Helen, Pillbox
Theddlethorpe St Helen, Pillbox
Theddlethorpe St Helen, Pillbox

This standard type 23 pillbox is close to the coast at Theddlethorpe St Helen (TF 483 892).

It was one of many defended observation posts along the Lincolnshire coast and elsewhere in the county.

Construction in concrete between wooden shuttering was quick and economical.

Ken Redmore, 2006

Theddlethorpe St Helen, pillbox, observation post,
Theddlethorpe St Helen, The King's  Head
Theddlethorpe St Helen, The King's  Head
Theddlethorpe St Helen, The King's  Head

This attractive public house was originally a cottage built in the 16th century and extended later.

It first became an inn in 1830, named in honour of William IV.

During the 1914-18 War D H Lawrence was a frequent visitor.

Hugh D Martineau, c.1980

Theddlethorpe St Helen, the King's Head inn