"REMOVED FROM THE SITE OF CATELY ABBEY IN THIS PARISH 1912"
Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"About half a mile south-west of the hamlet is the site of Catley Abbey, founded in the time of Stephen, for monks and nuns of the Gilbertine order, by Peter de Belingley, and dedicated to St. Mary; the revenues at the Dissolution were valued at £33; no remains of the buildings, which covered about 5 acres of ground, are now extant, but fragments of stone, exquisitely carved, as well as an ancient key, have been discovered on the spot, and are preserved by the family of the late Mr. E.G. Allen, of Highfield, Metheringham"
DB 10 July 2019