Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Walmsgate
 
Walmsgate Hall
Walmsgate Hall
Walmsgate Hall

Walmsgate Hall was built in 1824 for James Whiting Yorke. It passed through the Dallas Yorke family to Lord Francis Cavendish Bentinck before being sold to the Haggas family and demolished in the 1950s.

Undated postcard of the west front by T. A. Humberstone of Walmsgate.

More details about this house and its owners can be found in T R Leach and R Pacey's book, 'Lost Lincolnshire Country Houses: Volume 1', published by SLHA.  Buy a copy.

Walmsgate, Walmsgate Hall, James Whiting Yorke, Dallas Yorke, Francis Cavendish, Haggas, T A Humbers
Walmsgate, Chapel
Walmsgate, Chapel
Walmsgate, Chapel

The chapel to Walmsgate Hall was built in 1901 by the Dallas Yorkes in memory of their son.

After the demolition of the hall in the 1950s the chapel was dismantled and partly re-erected as a church in Langworth near Lincoln.

The contemporary art nouveau fittings of the chapel are typified by the hanging lamp in the centre of this photograph.

Undated postcard by T. A. Humberstone of Walmsgate.

Walmsgate, chapel, Langworth, Dallas Yorke, art nouveau