The Lincoln to Boston line was opened in 1848 as part of the Great Northern Railway’s Lincolnshire Loop Line.
Built alongside the River Witham, this was one of those stations on the line which had a ferry.
Seen here in 1971 the station had lost its goods and passenger services in July 1940. Despite this in this view taken 31 years later the platforms were intact.
Now part of the long distance cycling and walking trail, the ‘Water Rail Way’, the platforms, and the buildings seen here still survive.
Peter Grey Archive, 1971