Wellingore, view from church tower
This view is from the church tower looks north over the village centre. The mill in the distance, now minus sails, has been converted into a house.
RAF Wellingore opened in 1935 and closed in 1945.
John Gillespie Magee, author of the poem ‘High Flight’, took off from the base on his fatal flight.
Wellingore, windmill, John Gillespie Magee